Darla is an amazing photographer with a style all her own. Her photos are always positive, fun, with a strong dose of edge. I just love her stream and her hip personality. If you do not already know her you definitely need to check her out.
1. What do you shoot with? (camera and lens…choose one of each)
I started with a Canon Rebel XTI, and shot with that for a year with just the kit lens. I ended up getting the 50mm because it was cheap and produces such amazing results. Although it’s broken now.. waiting to replace it. In November I purchased the Canon 50D, which I absolutely love, and am still learning. I use the Tamron
17-50mm most with it.
2. What is your favorite photo on flickr? (one of yours and one other photographer)
3. What would be one tip for someone new to photography?
KEEP shooting. NEVER leave home without your camera. Try different styles, lighting…. ask ALL of your friends to volunteer for shoots. Go to different locations. HAVE fun. And just be yourself. Don’t look for perfection…. just shoot.
4. If you had to choose between stills, macro, portrait, landscape, what would you choose? There was a point I would have said nature shots… but I’m digging portrait work more and more each day.
5. Who’s photography influenced you the most in the beginning stages of your own photography?
MOST definitely MartianMermaid, I stumbled upon her stream in the middle of doing her 365 set, and she BLEW my mind. I had never really delved into self portraits, and to see the amazing creativity she came up with every day was so inspirational. She also helped me with camera knowledge, and lenses. If I had questions, she was quick to answer them. She doesn’t photograph much any more. And I miss her.
6. Where do you get your greatest inspiration now?
Inspiration now…. wow. From every single one of my contacts on Flickr. From constantly keeping my eyes open to the world around me. I love color and light and nature and people. Music inspires me ALOT as well.
7. Who are your top five favorite photographers on flickr right now?
Top five. That’s SO hard. But if I had to narrow it down to five it would be:
Last weeks interview with Fiona