I love a good yard sale and I have been seeing all kinds of signs out lately and it made me think of this old post I wrote when it was only my husband and I reading my blog.
One day I am going to be that little old lady that races you to the next yard sale trying to beat you to the next find. You may think I am crazy but they do that. Ask my husband, he always wants to tease them and jump out of the car running faster than they can power walk. I can just see me now in my fancy caddy, big glasses, sun hat, and straw purse. With my best buddy Krista or my honey next to me helping me knocking down the young guns for the next best yard sale find.
The is summer is coming to a close and that means no more Friday yard sales. I miss it already. I don’t have a house full of junk or even a room filled with yard sale finds but I normally find a few good items that I would have bought new from Fred Meyer for little of the cost. I am a great yard seller and thought I would share some of my gems with you.
Yard Sale Gems
1. Find a friend who is as addicted as you are and set up a weekly routine of yard sales. It does help to take someone along that is not afraid to challenge the $2 price on a paperback book. I am a chicken and so Kristen (my yard sale buddy) is great for dickering.
2. Pack a lunch with plenty of protein and bottle water. No it is not a marathon, more like a 5k.
3. If you go with a friend who has the exact same taste as you, be careful. Set limits. Share your finds and take turns. Or dump her and find someone with terrible taste. =) Krista you know I love you.
4. Make a list of things you are looking for and say a prayer that the yard sale angels will guide you to your find.
5. Last but not least, start a crock pot dinner, you never know how long you will be out and a happy hubby will be more likely to support your habit if he is fed.
The antique quilt I purchase for $25. I had the sale of the day. Krista and I are thinking about trading. She bought the antique fridge I wanted a couple of weeks ago.